Actions speak louder than any words could. So here are some examples of what the 'tolerant', 'compassionate' Left, including Democrats and their minions in the media, have been doing recently:
Glenn and Patricia Mendoza must be shaking their heads. Attribution to my un-named friend who is a real journalist.
- So-called protestors rioted at the University of California and New York University to stop those who disagreed with their Leftist views from speaking. Several people, mostly Republican and conservative students, were beaten, including one who had a fractured skull. One video of the melee showed a woman Trump supporter getting sprayed in the face with mace.
- Florida Democrat Rep. Val Demings called what happened at Berkeley 'a beautiful sight'. Former Democrat vice presidential candidate and Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine in an interview on MSNBC urged Democrats to oppose the Trump agenda and even 'fight in the streets'. California Democrat Brad Sherman compared the 'dark forces' at the Trump White House to ISIS 'bent on destroying civilization'.
- Robert Reich, who was Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton and is now a professor of public policy at Berkeley, claimed the riots and acts of violence were the result of agitators from the right. It turned out one of the violent 'protestors' was identified as A MEMBER OF THE UC BERKELEY ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF.
- Actor Robert DeNiro repeated his desire to punch President Donald Trump in the face. Detroit rapper 'Big Sean' went on radio rant in New York about murdering President Trump. Rapper Eminem called President Trump a 'bitch' and talked about raping conservative commentator Ann Coulter. Hollywood producer Judd Apatow, who directed 'The 40-year-old Virgin' and 'Knocked Up', went to Twitter after the Berkeley riots to threaten Trump supporters, saying 'This is just the beginning'.
- The same Twitter organization that vowed to remove hateful speech has allowed over 12,000 Tweets to be made calling for President Trump's assassination. Meanwhile, so-called comedienne Chelsea Handler continues her vulgar attacks on both the First Lady and her 10 year-old son, Barron. In one of her smears, Handler said Melania 'can barely speak English'. Turns out the First Lady not only speaks English but Slovenian, French, and Serbian as well, while Handler can barely speak a word that doesn't begin with the letter 'F', a commonly used epithet the Left uses in place of a logical argument.
- Children used to be considered 'off limits', but Barron Trump is obviously not. After Saturday Night Live writer Katie Rich tweeted out that 'Barron Trump will be this country's first homeschool shooter', the backlash accusing her of bullying a child — who, by the way, is not home schooled, was so intense she was forced to apologize. Rosie O'Donnell found her self in the same situation and issued an apology for suggesting Barron looked like he might be autistic.
- Attacks on women apparently aren't off limits, either. Senior Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway, who made history by becoming the first woman to successfully manage a Presidential campaign, has been the subject of any number of vicious attacks few if any Democrats have had to endure. A morning news anchor at Fox 29 in Philadelphia was suspended after saying Ms. Conway was 'good at bull sh_t'. After Ms. Conway demolished some liberal reporters during interviews, New York University journalism professor Jay Rosen called for reporters to ignore the first woman to manage a successful presidential campaign.
- Even Muslims, if they voted 'the wrong way' and went for President Trump, aren't given any respect. After former Georgetown University journalism professor and Wall Street Journal report Asra Q. Nomani, a 'long time liberal' and Democrat, wrote an opinion piece in The Washington Post about why she voted for President Trump, a former fellow Georgetown colleague went on a month-long tirade against her. (Before I go any further, let me assure you that I am not making up what comes next!) 'Peace and Security Studies' Professor C. Christine Fair called Nomani a wretch, clueless dolt and fame monger, and told her to 'f*** off' and 'go to hell'.
- Many in in academia feel that while the little snowflakes they have indoctrinated need safe spaces to protect them from the real world, there seems to be no concern, and even open hostility and animosity, towards those who challenging them. There are countless examples, with one of the most recent being a video showing a high school art teacher in Dallas, Texas, using a squirt gun to shoot at a picture of Donald Trump while screaming 'Die, die'.
- The media has been slinging mud so fast that retractions and walk-backs are becoming a regular a regular event, starting with the outright lie that the bust of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. had been removed from the White House. The ABC News recently apologized for editing a quote from former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer to make it appear that he was more critical of White House spokesman Sean Spicer than he really was. THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT CALLED OUT AP OVER ITS CLAIM THAT President Trump had threaten to invade that country, saying it was untrue. NBC claimed President Trump had lifted sanctions on Russia, only to have to issue a correction less than an hour later saying that it was a technical fix PLANNED UNDER OBAMA.
- It has gotten so bad that the Irish magazine Village has a cover showing a photo President Trump with cross hairs aimed at him and the caption 'Why Not?' The German magazine Der Spiegel has a cover showing President Trump with a big knife in one hand and the bloody, severed head off the statue in New York of Lady Liberty with the caption 'America First'.
- These were not the reactions of conservatives and Republicans following the election of President Barack Obama. Yes, protests were held to voice opposition to his policies, like the ObamaCare debacle. But they were peaceful. Nobody got beaten up. And the crowds didn't leave a mess of garbage in the streets, like you find after most demonstrations by the Left. I know. We attended some of them. People in those marches and demonstrations were law-abiding and speakers avoided the type of smear tactics, hyperbole and ad hominem attacks which are a staple of the Left.
- One of the most disgraceful examples of the establishment media's double standard occurred in November 2011, when then-Minnesota Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann walked on to the set of NBC’s 'Late Night With Jimmy Kimmel', the show’s band Fishbone, led by Questlove, played the song 'Lyin' A_ _ B_tch'. Kimmel later apologized to Ms. Bachmann, while Questlove issued an obvious less than serious apology as evidenced by his telling the Left-wing rag Salon that Ms. Bachmann almost got him fired.
- Somehow the Democrats and others on the Left seem to believe the First Amendment only applies to them and their supporters, and that wanton, vulgar, destructive, profanity-laced tirades filled with threats of violence are okay as long they are doing it. But if the other side tries to do the same thing, watch out!
- Just ask Glenn and Patricia Mendoza, who were in their 30s in July 1996 when then-President Bill Clinton visited Chicago and decided to make an unscheduled stop at a food court near where the couple ran a small business. Although the Mendozas were apolitical, they were upset about the bombing at Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia a month earlier that had claimed the lives of 19 U.S. Air Force personnel. The attack had been carried out by an Iranian-backed Hezbollah terrorist group.
As then-President Clinton began to shake hands with people in the crowd that had gathered, Mrs. Mendoza shouted out, 'You suck, and those boys died'. That was all she did, but the Mendozas were quickly taken into custody by Chicago police at the request of the Secret Service and held in jail for 12 hours before they were given a court date and released. The charges against the Mendozas were later dropped. The special agent in charge of the U.S. Secret Service office in Chicago defended the arrests, saying, that the remark 'was taken as a threat' and that 'If it amounts to a threat, we would take action'.
- How things have changed. A senior Secret Service agent has just been put on paid administrative leave while the service's Office of Professional Responsibility looks into her public statements that she 'wouldn't take a bullet for Donald Trump'.