Should you want to verify any of the following, go
- Title IX Revenue Provisions—Subtitle A: Revenue Offset
(Sec. 9002) Requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer-sponsored group health coverage that is excludable from the employee's gross income (excluding the value of contributions to flexible spending arrangements).
- What this means is that starting in 2011—next year—the W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are provided.
It doesn't matter if you're retired. Your gross income WILL go up by the amount of health insurance your employer paid for.
- You’ll be required to pay taxes on a larger sum of money that you actually received. Take the tax form you just finished for 2009 and see what $15,000.00 or $20,000.00 additional gross income does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year.
- For many it puts you into a much higher bracket. This is how the government is going to buy insurance for the fifteen (15) percent of the population that doesn't have insurance. It is only part of the tax increases - but it's not really a "tax increase" per se; it is more correctly a redefinition of your taxable income!
- Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book. People have the right to know the truth because an election is coming in November. So vote intelligently, based on your values.
Also you will need adjust your tax withholding (or increase your savings) so that you aren't surprised and put in a jam when your federal income taxes are due on April 15, 2012.
- Thanks to the Democrats and Obama, the self-righteous income redistributors never sleep!